Driver´s Ed - on the Net®

Who says the BEST online Drivers Ed has to be expensive?

If you don't need a Completion Certificate you can take the DE course for FREE !
Drivers Education and Drivers Training Form Requirements
If you are 15 ½ to 17 ½ years of age, you will need to provide proof that you:
  • Completed driver education (Form DL 387 or OL 237) and are taking driver training (DL 392 or OL 392)or
  • Completed driver education and driver training (DL 387, DL 388, DL 388A, OL 237, or OL 238). or
  • Are enrolled and participating in an approved integrated driver education/driver training program (DL 400).
If you are over 17 ½ but under 18 years of age, you may get your permit without the driver education and driver training certificates however, you will not be able to take the driving test until you turn 18.

Once you pass your written test, you will be issued a provisional permit. A parent, guardian, spouse or adult 25 years of age or older, who has a valid California driver license, must be with you when you drive. He or she must sit in a position close enough to take control of the vehicle, if necessary. It is illegal for you to drive alone at any time.

Before being eligible to take your driving test you must:
  • Be 16 years old AND
  • Have held your permit for a minimum of six months AND
  • Have completed drivers education AND
  • Have completed 6 hours of professional drivers training AND
  • Have completed 50 hours of practice with an adult 25 years or older.
The adult must have a valid California driver license and certify to the 50 hours of practice. At least 10 of the 50 hours must have been done at night.

To take your driving test, you will need to:
  • Make a driving test appointment.
(Driving tests are not given without an appointment.) You may also call 1-800-777-0133 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, to make a driving test appointment.
  • Provide proof of financial responsibility
After you pass your driving test you will be issued an interim license valid for 60 days until you receive your new photo license in the mail. Check your address before you leave DMV and tell the DMV representative if you have moved or if your address is incorrect. If you have not received your license after 60 days, call 1-800-777-0133 to check on the status. Have your interim license with you to provide information when requested.

If you fail your driving test, you must wait two weeks before you can take the test again. You have three chances to pass.

If driver education and driver training were taken in a state other than California, DMV will accept either a Secondary School other than California School form DL 33 completed by the out-of state school, or a letter on the out-of state school´s stationery signed by a school official stating that the courses are equivalent to California´s requirements. Instructional permits issued by another state are not acceptable proof.
The Best online Drivers Ed available is at:
Driver´s Ed - on the Net®
Get your cheap on-line DE here and $ave
It's simply the Best online Drivers Ed!
Here is some more information you can use. Simply click on the subject: